Avant Magazine Volume 1 Anthology Of American WorkwearRegular price £27.00 GBP
In their first volume called An Anthology of American Workwear, Avant dig into workwear clothing during the California Gold Rush.
They talk with Brit Eaton, denim archeologist and Rin Tanaka, founder of The Inspiration Show. They also discuss hunting denim with Bryan and Melody Kahtava
Avant also explores United Costume, one of the most reputed costume houses of Hollywood and investigates the love of American workwear in Japan.
They also teach you how to recognise the era of a clothing according to it’s tag and bring you into the real story of the California Gold Rush.
STORIES & TALES
- Denim Hunters : they explore gold mines and ghost towns to find old denim
- A view from United Costume, the most famous costume house in Hollywood
- The Portrait of Jacob Davis, inventor of the rivet : the man behind Levi’s success • One Century of Workwear in the movies
- Heritage Brands gets a second life
- Wouter Munnichs, denim specialist and founder of Long John
- Larry McKaughan, founder of Heller’s Cafe and vintage collector • Josh Sirlin, founder of Black Bear Brand
- Brit Eaton, denim archeologist
ART & ILLUSTRATIONS
- Unique cover painting made by Mark Maggiori for Avant Magazine.
- Instants from the Past : a series of antique pictures collected by Bandit Photographer • Road Trip, watercolour illustrations of West America by Magali Brueder.
- Workwear Still Life, photographs by Gauthier Borsarello.
How to recognise the era of denim clothing by its tag - The big directory of workwear brands - Instigation in Tokyo and the Japanese madness of American workwear - Stifel Story, the golden fabric - Never Rip my denim - California Gold Rush : how everything really began.