Avant Magazine Volume 1 Anthology Of American Workwear
In their first volume called An Anthology of American Workwear, Avant dig into workwear clothing during the California Gold Rush.
They talk with Brit Eaton, denim archeologist and Rin Tanaka, founder of The Inspiration Show. They also discuss hunting denim with Bryan and Melody Kahtava
Avant also explores United Costume, one of the most reputed costume houses of Hollywood and investigates the love of American workwear in Japan.
They also teach you how to recognise the era of a clothing according to it’s tag and bring you into the real story of the California Gold Rush.
STORIES & TALES
- Denim Hunters : they explore gold mines and ghost towns to find old denim
- A view from United Costume, the most famous costume house in Hollywood
- The Portrait of Jacob Davis, inventor of the rivet : the man behind Levi’s success • One Century of Workwear in the movies
- Heritage Brands gets a second life
- Wouter Munnichs, denim specialist and founder of Long John
- Larry McKaughan, founder of Heller’s Cafe and vintage collector • Josh Sirlin, founder of Black Bear Brand
- Brit Eaton, denim archeologist
ART & ILLUSTRATIONS
- Unique cover painting made by Mark Maggiori for Avant Magazine.
- Instants from the Past : a series of antique pictures collected by Bandit Photographer • Road Trip, watercolour illustrations of West America by Magali Brueder.
- Workwear Still Life, photographs by Gauthier Borsarello.
How to recognise the era of denim clothing by its tag - The big directory of workwear brands - Instigation in Tokyo and the Japanese madness of American workwear - Stifel Story, the golden fabric - Never Rip my denim - California Gold Rush : how everything really began.
Please do not solely rely on the listed size for your correct fit. Designers often use different measurements for sizes depending on the overall look they desire, so sizes can not only vary brand to brand but also within the same brand.
For more detailed size info please see the SIZE HELP page.
Also, for further size help please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE UK SHIPPING OVER £50
We are pleased to offer our UK customers FREE Tracked shipping on all orders over £50. If you require faster than this via a guaranteed next day delivery or Saturday delivery, these options will also be available at checkout.
If you are spending under £50 then the cost is £5 to ship to the UK.
OUTSIDE THE UK
We will use Royal Mail, Parcel Force or DPD dependent on the size/ weight of the parcel. This is based on the actual parcel weight that we have calculated and will be shown at the point of ordering. All orders are sent Tracked & Signed and are fully insured.For full details please see our Shipping page.
We offer a no hassle policy and all returns will be accepted up to 30 days after you receive your purchase. We’ll either give you an exchange if this is what you would prefer (pending stock availability) or we will refund your original purchase price. Sorry, but we don’t refund the charge made for the initial delivery to you (unless a mistake has been made by us), and the return postage cost is your responsibility to send the parcel back to us.
For full details please see our Returns page.