Avant Magazine Volume 2 Anthology Of American Militaria
In this second issue, An Anthology of American Militaria, Avant dig into military clothing with particular focus on the U.S armed forces during the Great Wars of the 20th century.
They talk with Paul Milbury, Bob Chatt, and Jeff Spielberg, three vintage dealers and collectors passionate about history and militaria. They also talk with eight experts about the impact of social media on the vintage market as well as discussing the deontological limits associated with collecting Militaria.
Avant explores the West Coast Militaria collectors show in Pomona, an event you shouldn't miss if you’re a Militaria fan. And finally Avant teaches us all how to decipher the labels attached to military garments.
STORIES & TALES
- Denim Nation Army : Discover why U.S Army and Navy factions started to wear blue denim at the beginning of the 1900's.
- Full Painted Jackets : Read the story of the American aviators who took intense delight in customising their A-2 jackets with diverse patterns.
- USMC P41 : The P41 utilities are one of the most iconic military workwear uniforms of the 20th century.
- Max Sardi : Shop manager of The Real McCoy’s London store, he is one of the first to share his knowledge on the Internet through the blog, Sanforized.
- Charles Lemons : The historian released a collection of books called Uniforms of the Us Army Ground Forces 1939-1945, a reference for every militaria fan.
- Jeff Spielberg : After more than thirty years in the business, he now houses one of the largest collections in the world.
ART & ILLUSTRATIONS
- Distant Rain : Unique cover painting by Brett Allen Johnson made exclusively for Avant Magazine.
- Memories of War : A series of WW2 pictures from Nick Soderstrom’s personal collection.
- Private Military Collection : Thirty-two rare pieces of military clothing from the collections of Eric Maggiori, Tom Gruat, and Gauthier Borsarello.
Iconic Daisy Mae - How did the Military Uniform impact menswear - The best « repro » brands - Masterpiece : the 1908 US Army CAC denim shirt.
Please do not solely rely on the listed size for your correct fit. Designers often use different measurements for sizes depending on the overall look they desire, so sizes can not only vary brand to brand but also within the same brand.
For more detailed size info please see the SIZE HELP page.
Also, for further size help please email: email@example.com
FREE UK SHIPPING OVER £50
We are pleased to offer our UK customers FREE Tracked shipping on all orders over £50. If you require faster than this via a guaranteed next day delivery or Saturday delivery, these options will also be available at checkout.
If you are spending under £50 then the cost is £5 to ship to the UK.
OUTSIDE THE UK
We will use Royal Mail, Parcel Force or DPD dependent on the size/ weight of the parcel. This is based on the actual parcel weight that we have calculated and will be shown at the point of ordering. All orders are sent Tracked & Signed and are fully insured.For full details please see our Shipping page.
We offer a no hassle policy and all returns will be accepted up to 30 days after you receive your purchase. We’ll either give you an exchange if this is what you would prefer (pending stock availability) or we will refund your original purchase price. Sorry, but we don’t refund the charge made for the initial delivery to you (unless a mistake has been made by us), and the return postage cost is your responsibility to send the parcel back to us.
For full details please see our Returns page.